It’s my break and I didn’t really want to do a long post but I wanted to put up something concerning an ongoing issue that’s getting a lot of coverage in the news: the Stop Online Piracy Act, better known as SOPA. I’ve heard a lot of the reasons why people are against it but I recently found this nifty infographic that goes over the bill’s development and meaning. I oppose it since I’ve seen some very compelling arguments but its still nice to have a broad overview of every issue. Hopefully this will shed some light on why this matters to so many people. Enjoy and Happy Holidays!
I'm just a college student who is inDiginous to the web. Here are my thoughts.
- This would be more awesome if my battery stayed charged. MT @mashable Teen Invention Could Create 20-Sec Phone Charge on.mash.to/16aaEKq 4 hours ago
- RT @zeldawilliams: Read more books! This isn't directed to anyone in particular, but most people in general. Reading is too wonderful and b… 5 hours ago
- So ridiculous. 12 hours ago
- Listening to a friend's honor thesis, just discovered that 77% of Nigerian women use skin bleaching products, the highest % in the world. 13 hours ago
- Just wanted to say thank you to @robinsloan & @magicandrew for speaking to my Twitter fiction class! I have so many ?'s left. #needmoretime 1 day ago
I said what?action Amazon anonymity anonymous apple BART books communication culture cybercrime cyberspace digital devices digital divide Facebook Fullerton Police Generation Y Google+ hp hulu infographic Information graphics internet ipod lenovo Music Netflix net neutrality online identity personal branding personal computing privacy protest Publishing rights Social media social networks SOPA speak up students tablet technology timeline of computing touchpad twitter Wikipedia